Sunday, March 9, 2008

Henry Wade's Experiences at Wujien


Hi Everyone:

This is Henry and I want to talk a little about my experiences learning Martial Arts from Coach Albert Wang. As a kid watching famous martial arts actors, I always tried to imitate them and dream of one day learning what they knew. Now, since studying with Coach Albert in April 2006, I have learned so much. Not only has he taught me about the different types and styles of martial arts, but he has taught me about respect, appreciation, patience, kindness and most importantly friendship. I see Coach Albert not simply as a very accomplished martial arts instructor, but as a father figure. I know that I can always ask him for advice in any matter and he will always be there ready to listen and help. Thanks so much Coach.

When I first came to the dojo I was a bit nervous because I didn't know anyone or anything about martial arts, but everyone immediately welcomed me and didn't look at me as a foreigner but as a friend. Being in Taiwan, I have made a lot of new friends and most of them while studying martial arts. There are no strangers at the dojo and Coach Albert makes sure of that. We are one big family all supporting each other and looking out for each other. The dojo is like our home and Coach is like a father to each of us.

Learning martial arts is something that you must dedicate your time, energy and mind to because it will help to strengthen your character, help to develop your physical abilities and help to make you a better person in every way. You must always respect your uniform, your fellow students, your dojo and most importantly your coach. You will not regret your decision in learning any martial arts discipline, but you must always remember that you must work hard to accomplish a lot.

Thanks,

Henry

No comments: