Thursday, July 17, 2008

Some feeling of Daphne





I can honestly say that Wu Jien is the best taekwondo dojo you can find. Why? They don’t only teach taekwondo, but also something more important, self-defense which includes a number of other marital arts. Wu Jien is also a great place for foreigners to come. The instructor can speak English, and there are many other foreigners training there.


My name is Daphne, and I started going to Wu Jien since I was in third grade, which is eight years ago. I love the place. I have lots of friends there that have come and gone with time, and I also have many friends that have stayed there for more than twenty years. I have many good memories of growing up there with the many teachers that have taught me things more than just how to kick and punch. I don’t go there are much as I use to any more due to the fact that I no longer live in Taiwan. I now live and study in New York, but during the summer, I always find time to go back.


The instructor is a very friendly person. He welcomes everybody to his dojo. That goes from kids in preschool to elders, and it doesn’t even matter if you are a foreigner. He treats everyone with respect. He teaches you what is needed to get to the next belt, what is important in self-defense, and what you want to learn.


Wu Jien is the very best place where you want to train, have fun, and make friends. Give it a try, and you won’t regret it. I know I haven’t.

No comments: